Hello everyone, I’ve got a few things I’d like to discuss, if you have five minutes
Here’s the summary :
– Boku No Seinen Kouken Nin volume 7, translated, for real ! The help of an Editor is required !
– Lucky Day, Complete – again ? – clarifications…
– RedComet gone, what the holy fook ?
– warning against Blostpot :|
I recently shared Boku No Seinen Kouken Nin volumes 1-6, regretting there had never been a volume 7, remember ? I was wrong, the seventh volume of Boku No Seinen No Kouken Nin has been published in the TANKOUBON made after the Boku No Seinen Kouken Nin serie
Xander Drax is working on it, ready to bring us high resolution scans, he already has the translation script for the last part we’ve been waiting for so long !
BUT : Xander needs help : he needs an editor to help him. So please, pretty please with sugar on top, if you have talent as an editor, would you help ? Here is Xander’s email info : xander_drax @ hotmail.com.
– I’ve received a few emails about the release of the complete Lucky Day manga, with UTW scans instead of the initial Fakku scans, for the chapters 1-5. You might be puzzled, since I already released the complete version of Lucky Day ? The news is : a new scan of the chapters 1-5.
I’ll summarize the differences, if you’re curious :
– the Fakku version is the one I used, it is older, maybe a few pixels less high resolution, and there is a “Fakku” watermark in the chapters 1-5, in the bottom of the pictures.
And it has been decensored, something I enjoyed immensely.
– The UTW version might be higher res by a few pixels, but on top of all, there isn’t the “Fakku” watermark in the bottom of the pictures.
And it is censored. Something that greatly reduces the interest for me.
– the chapters 6 and following, that I used in my share, are UTW scans without watermark and they’re censored – I don’t know why, but the censorship method changed and decensoring it is beyond my capacity, sadly :-/
-> As a conclusion, unless the new version gets decensored too (why don’t YOU try, it’s one of the easiest decensoring jobs I’ve done, in the chapters 2-3-4 !), I’ll let you painfully endure the old version with a watermark, my personal opinion is that a watermark is a very little price to pay when you can have the pictures in their uncensored version
Have you noticed, the blog of the RedComet scanlation team is (currently ?) gone, dead, deleted by Blogspot. Would anyone have information about it, maybe ?
Please, if you have the contact information of the RedComet members, could you email them about it, and ask them if (hopefully !) they’re in the process of getting their blog back online, or if they’re moving elsewhere ?
RedComet is an awesome scanlation team, working on superb projects, carefully chosing works that bring you a real value added when they’re translated, it would be terribly sad if they didn’t come back because the Blogspot moralfags hit their blog
That makes me want to adress a HUGE warning against Blogspot to my fellow hentai webmasters : it might be high time to move away from that host
First it’s the disappearance of Fayt’s blog (he hasn’t gotten his blog back yet, even though he told me he was going to do everything requested by Google/blogspot/blogger to get it back !?!), now it’s the turn of Red Comet… It’s fishy, it seems Google is starting to play dirty :mad:
At least, if you’re hosted at blogspot, you could consider having your own domain ? This costs like 10-12$ per year, and with your domain, if some day your blog dies, you can re-create it elsewhere and simply update where the domain is pointing…
The minimum to do : anywhere, anyway, never forget : regularly backup, backup, and BACKUP ! Blogspot allows you to export your blog contents to your hard disk in .xml form. If some day you’re kicked out of Blogspot, any comprehensive blog host, wordpress included, will allow you to import this .xml file from your hard disk, and ta-daaah, all the contents of your blog, the posts, the texts, the hyperlinks, will be back !
For hosting, you may try wordpress.com that is entirely free (a bit less configurable and customizable than blogspot, but they haven’t yet been caught kicking webmaster ass), or host yourself (Ryuu No Tamashii doesn’t seem to regret it, but on a more modest and less complicated scale you can have something pretty decent and auto-installed for you starting at 10$/month + your own domain). I talk more about blog hosting on this page of Hentairules. Maybe you could try knocking on Jacob’s door, I don’t know if he’s still welcoming more webmasters.
Or, at least, make yourself an “official” backup place…
And that’s the end of the hyper-long post about which nobody was giving a fuck anyway
THE HENTAIRULES GIGATORRENT
to grab the file you want. You can just pick the stuff you need, it's quick and easy