Gynok
Gynok

Have you never seen those? i thought they were common

Gynok
Gynok

errm…so in what way was your comment useful?
My intent was to suggest that this is a common sight at certain fairs – and that it is indeed very possible. The lion has clearly been shopped – as if that needs stating.

Boomer12k
Boomer12k

It is an old "gravity ride" at a fair. A motorcyclist will get into a tubular room, and race around, and then go up the wall with centrifugal force. I love the lion getting a ride in the side car. What I find amazing is that they had a camera that could capture it without blurring to much.

Encho'
Encho'

I've seen images such as these before, but the lion in the sidecar made a WTF fly right out of my mouth. LOL I tell, if you can really prove they got an actual lion to sit in the sidecar for the full ride, I would consider such a feat truly amazing.

PhoenixFireless
PhoenixFireless

hahahahhaah, this is so awesome I'm confused

Reideen
Reideen

Okay ..I've seen a lot of gravity rides already….but a LION ?

HM3
HM3

It's just like shitbrix.com

Rotary Tuner
Rotary Tuner

The only WTF thing I see here? THAT LION! Man, what are the chances of getting that lion to ride that trike? Let me rephrase my first statement: FTW is the only thing I see here!

On a more serious comment, riding sideways is made possible through the use of centrifugal force; when you drive, the forward thrust will push you forward, but since this is done with the wheel axles of the vehicles perpendicular to the ground, combined with a circular (looped) path, the trike will try to escape the circle through means of forward force, but can only go in a circular motion because the circle is keeping him in that position. He also doesn't fall off because the powerful forward force is enough to actually make him only go sideways even with gravity.

tl;dr, the circular path is keeping him from flying off, and the continuous forward force is keeping him from falling down.

More tl;dr, imagine tying one end of a string to a ball and the other to a long object, then swinging the ball around while holding the long object.

All right, that's enough nerd talk for me… oTL

Joey
Joey

really funny… ^_^ bookmarked it.. thanks for sharing